Benefits of publishing with us
UCL Open: Environment is committed to using its position and unique set of strengths to develop and disseminate original knowledge, not only for its own inherent value but also to address the significant challenges facing the world today and those that will arise in the future.
Drawing on these founding values, we want to stimulate disruptive thinking across the research landscape to showcase radical and critical thinking applied to real world problems that benefit humanity. We believe that the future of scientific and scholarly pursuit is best served by an open science agenda and fully open access publishing because knowledge should be accessible to all, regardless of location or financial means. We want to transform the way new knowledge is shared openly and without barriers.
10 Good Reasons to Publish in UCL Open: Environment
- Covers a broad spectrum of environment related research, including life and earth sciences, medical, physical, population, engineering, and social sciences – read more in the aims and scope
- Low Article-Processing Charges (APC) and free publication for UCL authors (see our APC pages for further information)
- Faster publication process than established journals
- Grounded in the open science principles – open, transparent, and accountable publications
- Open to anyone to submit to – early, mid-career and established researchers are all encouiraged to submit, review, and contribute
- Preprint server access to your paper immediately enhances discoverability and faster global collaboration
- Access to UCL Open: Environment is free to anyone anywhere in the world regardless of location or financial means
- Linked to your ORCID – articles are added automatically to your ORCID (see here if you need support on getting one)
- Primary focus on inter- and multi-disciplinary research articles
- Radical and critical thinking applied to real world problems that benefit humanity will be showcased in UCL Open: Environment
What can a researcher do on UCL Open: Environment?
Powered by the ScienceOpen search and discovery platform, publishing with UCL Open: Environment provides a wide range of tools to support your article:
- Multidimensional search of article records for quick orientation, across hundreds of journals: filter your search by 18 filters including open access, preprint, author, keyword, content type, source and more, or use one of the many article Collections set up by other researchers to help narrow your search.
- Export search results in EndNote, BibTex, and Reference Manager (RIS) formats for easy integration with other reference management systems. Up to 200 citations exported at a time.
- Save and share your search to find the newest articles in your field with one click.
- Bookmark the articles you are interested in to explore later.
- Write an author summary on your article that can help explain your research in plain language to the general public. Add a summary, thumbnail image, keywords, and disciplines to your article to increase the discoverability of your research.
- Review an article and share your expertise with the community. A review on UCL Open: Environment is linked with ORCID and published with a Crossref DOI, meaning reviews are re-usable, citable, and permanent records of your reviewing activities. Read more about review at our open peer review information pages.
- Edit your own collection in ScienceOpen to present the best research in your field for better discovery by your peers. Create a comprehensive bibliography of a subject or just highlight the top few papers in your discipline. For more information see http://about.scienceopen.com/collections
- Your personal MyScienceOpen profile is integrated with ORCID, meaning your articles published in UCL Open: Environment are automatically added to your ORCiD. Additionally, you can add your previous publications from or to your ORCID record with one click within the ScienceOpen search and discovery platform at www.scienceopen.com.
- An interactive bibliography on UCL Open: Environment opens your article to search and sort across the ScienceOpen search and discovery platform, as well as across other indexers and catalogues.
- Track usage, citations, and uptake of your article and watch it develop over time. A whole suite of metrics is available at your fingertips with every article.
- Follow researchers for updates on their activities and to expand your network.